A National Transition Period is in place for all of New Zealand owing to the impacts of COVID-19. If you need urgent welfare support due to COVID-19, call 0800 422 923 from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday || We are currently responding with the Rural Advisory Group to the Hawke's Bay drought. Find out more »
These online payment terms apply to the use of the online payment transaction services (the services) for the payment of certain types of transactions as made available by Wairoa District Council from time to time through the Wairoa District Council website.
Please read the online payment terms and conditions and accept them at the bottom of this page in order to do an online payment.
Please note that the online payment terms may be altered or added to by the Council at any time that the Council determines necessary, with or without notice. Please, therefore, ensure that you read the terms carefully on each occasion that you use the services.
1. You may use the services for the purposes of making payments to the Council where the Council offers the services, provided that you do not:
2. You warrant that:
3. Payment may be made using only Visa or MasterCard credit/debit cards. Transactions made after 10:30pm New Zealand Standard time will be processed by on the next business day. Please note our bank and payment provider charge payment processing fees of 1.9 percent (1.9%) to you for the convenience of paying online which is applied to each transaction. Wairoa District Council does not retain any part of this fee. It covers bank charges and processing costs of your transaction with our bank.
You should check with your card issuer for details about other fees or charges that may also apply, as this credit card transaction is carried out in terms of the arrangement between you and your card issuer.
4. The Council may contact you to confirm your credit/debit card details.
5. All charges are in New Zealand Dollars and inclusive of GST (if any). If payment is made using a credit card issued outside New Zealand, any currency conversion will be done according to the terms and conditions of the card - there may be currency conversion fees charged by your card issuer.
6. Part payment of debtor accounts is acceptable provided the full payment is made by the due date.
7. All other payments must be paid in full and by no later than the final date for payment set out in the invoice/notice.
8. Upon completing a transaction using the services, you will be presented with a confirmation screen verifying the transaction details you wish to process. It is your responsibility to verify that all transaction information and other details are correct. The Council shall have no liability for transactions which are incorrect as a result of inaccurate data entry in the course of the use of the services or for loss of data or information caused by factors beyond the Council's control.
9. Once a payment has been made it cannot be cancelled.
10. The Council accepts no responsibility for refusal or reversal of payments, which shall be a matter between you and your credit/debit card issuer.
11. You acknowledge that the credit/debit card information supplied by you in relation to the use of the services is processed through a secure third party website. The only information supplied to the Council via the third party website is:
12. By using the Services you agree:
13. You hereby authorise the Council to collect information about you (including information about transactions processed by you) from time to time through the Wairoa District Council website. Any such information collected shall be treated in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993 and the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987.
14. Requests for refunds must be made in writing together with proof that you have paid more than the outstanding amount. Requests for refunds must be sent firstname.lastname@example.org or addressed to the Council at P O Box 54, Wairoa 4160. If your request for a refund is granted the amount will be transferred to your nominated bank account.
15. If you dispute the outstanding amount on your account please contact the Council.
16. Payments using the services are made through a secure third party website. However, you acknowledge and agree that internet transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be entirely secure or private and any information provided by you (including credit/debit card information) may be able to be read and/or intercepted by a third party. The Council shall have no liability for the interception and/or 'hacking' of any data or other unauthorised access to information provided by you for the purposes of the services.
17. To the extent permitted by law, the Council does not accept liability for any damage, loss, costs (including legal costs), expenses, indirect losses or consequential damage of any kind which may be suffered or incurred by you from the use of the services. If, for any reason, the Council is found to be liable to you for any damage or loss which arises as a result of your use of the services, the Council's liability shall be limited to the amount paid by you through the services or $100, whichever is the lesser.
18. If the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 applies to your transaction you may have rights or remedies that are not excluded or limited by clause 17. If you are using the services for business purposes, the exclusions and limitations set out in clause 17 will apply and the provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 are hereby excluded.
19. The Council does not warrant or guarantee that the services and/or your use of the services will be error-free, immediate, virus free and/or continuously available or that the information provided through the services will be complete, accurate and/or up-to-date.
20. The Council reserves the right to suspend, amend or cancel the services at any time either temporarily or permanently.
21. These online payment terms form part of the Wairoa District Council website terms and conditions of use, which apply to general Wairoa District Council website usage. By agreeing to comply with the online payment terms you also agree to comply with the Wairoa District Council website terms and conditions of use. If there is a conflict between the Wairoa District Council website terms and conditions of use and these terms, the online payment terms shall prevail.
22. You agree to indemnify the Council for any loss, cost or expense suffered or incurred by the Council as result of:
Disclaimers and Copyright
While every endeavour has been taken by the Wairoa District Council to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up to date, Wairoa District Council shall not be liable for any loss suffered through the use, directly or indirectly, of information on this website. Information contained has been assembled in good faith. Some of the information available in this site is from the New Zealand Public domain and supplied by relevant government agencies. Wairoa District Council cannot accept any liability for its accuracy or content. Portions of the information and material on this site, including data, pages, documents, online graphics and images are protected by copyright, unless specifically notified to the contrary. Externally sourced information or material is copyright to the respective provider.
© Wairoa District Council - www.wairoadc.govt.nz / +64 6 838 7309 / email@example.com