A mayor and 6 councillors are elected by the district at large to represent and work for the people of Wairoa.
- Provides good services and infrastructure (such as roads, rubbish, water, waste etc)
- Adds value to our lifestyle by enhancing the character and culture of our unique district
- Grows our economy by developing jobs and attracting visitors and new residents to our area
- Protects our green environment, making sure future generations get to use it and enjoy a clean, safe place to live
- Works to make Wairoa safe for everyone to enjoy
- Makes sure facilities and amenities are there for all - pathways, pools, sports facilities, halls, public spaces etc
- Ensures sound financial decision-making to keep Wairoa one of the most 'affordable' districts to live in
- Works in many ways with residents, individuals, groups and areas of the district, to discuss and consult on everyone's needs and aspirations for Wairoa
Wairoa District Council has almost 50 employees who work to put the policies and aspirations of the Council and district into action.
Departments of the Council are
- Office of the Chief Executive
- Corporate Services
- Economic Development & Engagement
For more information please contact the Wairoa District Council.
+64 6 838 7309